Okay so the Krispy Kreme doughnut cake mix I came across this morning made me HANGRY – but instead of eating not so good stuff – I’m making waffles!! I found this recipe originally on Ditch the Carbs so I just HAD to try it!!! (and SCORE they did NOT need any protein powders). I give her recipe a total thumbs up!
- 5 eggs separated
- 4 tbs coconut flour
- 3-5 tbs Swerve granular
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1-2 tsp real vanilla extract (do NOT use imitation)
- 3 tbs almond milk
- 4.5 oz butter, melted
- In bowl, whisk the egg whites until firm and form stiff peaks.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg yolks, coconut flour, Swerve, and baking powder. Add the melted butter slowly, mixing to ensure it is a smooth consistency. Add the milk and vanilla, mix well.
- Gently fold spoons of the whisked egg whites into the yolk mixture. Try to keep as much of the air and fluffiness as possible.
- Place enough of the waffle mixture into the warm waffle maker to make one waffle.
- Cook until golden. Repeat until all the mixture has been used.
My name is Sue and I am an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, Ketogenic Living Specialist and Amare Global Wellness Partner. Coaching others is my passion. I want to be the change and help others take back control of their health and happiness!