Well this morning my son wanted pancakes for breakfast but instead of eating regular pancakes I did Cream Cheese Pancakes – I mean after all a fat mom trying to get fit has to stick to her plan to reach her goals right?!
These cream cheese pancakes were delicious! The recipe below makes two 5″ pancakes so you will need to adjust your recipes according to how many pancakes you want to make.
I highly recommend using softened cream cheese so it blends better for you. You can use it cold but it may remain sorta chunky in your batter (You will have to excuse the Avocado and Coconut oil in the photo – they are not part of the pancakes I use them all of the time so they are always on my countertop LOL).
If you want to make these into protein cream cheese pancakes just add some pritein powder.
Then comes the dilemma of what on earth to use as a topping if you are low carb / keto…..
To keep them LCHF you can top them with real butter. Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries are all lowish carbs if you watch your serving size. There are some low-carb syrups as well, but people’s opinions on which taste acceptable differ (so proceed at your own rick there). I also love using Smucker’s sugar free blackberry jam – it only has 5g carbs and 3g net carbs – ca you say SCORE?!?!
You could also do semi non-traditional toppings like coconut, or even bacon. And let’s be real here you can never go wrong with bacon! Am I right?Print
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Crack eggs into blender. Add cream cheese, vanilla and cinnamon and blend until smooth.
- Let rest for a few minutes to allow any bubbles in your batter to settle.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to a small frying pan over medium heat.
- Pour half of the batter into the pan, cook until golden on bottom (about 2 minutes – you will see the edges start to brown as well).
- Flip and cook 1 to 2 minutes on other side.
- Repeat with rest of the batter.
- Serve with topping of your choice.
My name is Sue Hall and I am a Certified Health Coach and Ketogenic Living Specialist. I teach people how to quickly turn their bodies into fat burners and lose weight, get lean and live clean!